I do not get the opportunity to post, let alone read blogs with the frequency that I would like to. But all things considered, who cares? Not that I am blase about it or anything, there just is not any time. I seriously have written and rewritten post after post within the little brain I was blessed with. Problem is, with no time to sit at a computer it is just gets lost to the wind.
I have done some very cool family activities as of late and I so enjoy them that it caused me to take a look at what I am thankful for. It really is amazing how mush, even the least of us, have to be grateful for. How often do I feel like I am going without because the cable is out or the soda fountain at the store is out of order? Seriously!
Anyway, Since this IS thanksgiving(In America) I thought I would share a few things I am thankful for
- My spouse, seriously, my best friend!
- My children....I need to tell them that more...each one brings me immeasurable happiness
- A relationship with God through church and service
- My health........it could be better.....but it could be so much worse!
- My Job.........duh.......the way things are everywhere.....a big one
- A descent house....adequate for our needs
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to communicate my feelings and beliefs.......to a fault......I talk too much....but so much better than not being able to talk
- Cell phones and always being able to get hold of my kids...lol!
- Great books!
- Good movies!
- Music for any mood....ipods and mp3 players
- the rest of technology that I could live without but glad I don't
- Good Mexican food
Starting to get a little out of hand I know, but we could all make lists that could probably go on forever if we were honest with ourselves. As bad as things are or as bad as they get I think we all need to remember to treasure what we need, and be willing to part with what we don't. If we can do that, we can always be found happy, no matter the trial.
So.....anyone out there thankful for something? Spill it and help add to the good feelings of the Holidays (or at least so I can read more comments) Who knows, what you are thankful for might trigger something for someone else and so on and so on.............
Put your brave faces on and comment!