Saturday, November 1, 2008

What ?

So, Everyone have a fun Week? Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Are you all nervous about the election in the United States? If you watch the news you would think the world might come to an end. Maybe it is.......But that is not the subject of this post. I do try and keep politics out of here....even though it creeps in from time to time.

What I really want to know is what else is going on out there in your neck of the woods. While I know the election seems to take up most of the news, I do not have a clue what else is going on. Hopefully you people are starting to gear up for the holidays. Maybe you are hung over on sugar from 'inspecting' all the candy from Halloween. Who knows?

But one thing is for sure. We all need to keep our minds active and give them a break from some of the other concerns in life. So here is the question of the day:

If you could only get one gift for Christmas, and price is not relevant;
  • What would you want to receive?
  • Who would you want it from?

You cannot ask for world peace or for enough food to feed all the hungry of the world. While these are noble thoughts, I am looking for more selfish answers. It is okay to be selfish. We are only daydreaming after all.

So think about it a moment, then leave your answer in a comment. Then if you think of something else come back and leave another comment. There are no penalties for multiple answers only that the last one given trumps all prior comments.

So.....put your brave face on and comment already!

And have a great day!

15 comments:

ADVERSE! said...

Christmas gifts hmmm. id love lenny kravitz most recent cd,i had hopes id get it for my birthday in aug n i hinted like crazy but no1 got me it lol,im supprised i havent bought it myself yet! who id like to recieve it off.....hmmm my best friend!

Rhonda said...

I'm a little ashamed to admit that world peace or ending hunger for all was not front and centre when I read the question!! Oops.... lol

The first thing to pop into my little brain was a holiday. I have had two real holidays in my adult life. And I am totally and completely burnt out and desperate for a holiday. A long one. Really, really long! And I don't care who it comes from, or who comes along. How's that for selfish?? lol

You didn't answer your own question... What would you want?

MissKris said...

How about a book contract worth millions? From any reputable publisher. Then I'd gift wrap it and present it to Dear Hubby. He has worked SO HARD for SO MANY years and, with the way the 401k has dipped down, who knows if retirement will ever be a reality? My most awesome 'gift' would be seeing the look on his face!

Tulsi said...

Since Steve sees movie stars sometimes in his profession (they do security - he didn't get me John Travolta's autograph during Broken Arrow, but got me Mel Gibson's during Maverik to get back in the house ---BUT he recently saw the young smart guy in Criminal Minds and watched him gas his car and leave!!!! He wouldn't leap over things, dodge things, etc while in uniform. OK, what good is the uniform?) Anyway - as I try not to hyperventilate - I would wish him lunch, chaperoned, with Catherine Zeta Jones. A time limit if 1 1/2 hours. That would make me happy. It would be to bad if it caused some sort of guilt twinge in Steve for all of the lost movie stars. HHHMMMMMMM

Dolly said...

I'd go for a lap-top right now...for when I'm sitting around the doctors offices or even shopping around Wally-world. I could sit on a little bench and start blogging!! ♥

Mike said...

I would like beamability from Scotty. I don't mind visiting people but I like to be back home at night.

Ronda's Rants said...

I would love to travel...that's it! Since money is a little tight for us right now we are just going on a short cruise for Christmas but if the sky was the limit...I would love to go to Alaska or Europe and take my whole family and my blogging buddies!

Anonymous said...

would rather put the election out of my mind since I don't like any one who is running.

Anonymous said...

Hey Stalker,

Your music rocks!

Aunt Julie said...

Blogstalker: I left a comment on Friday's post, but I guess you haven't checked it. You're a winner in the Great New Pop'rs Halloween Giveaway! Please come by my place to see about picking up your prize...Congrats!

Rhonda said...

I'd like a non-cluttered house with a non-cluttered garage and yard. A girl can wish!

fiona said...

I would like to switch off my brain for a wee while!

Ronnica said...

I'm not worried about the election because I know God is still on his throne no matter who is elected.

If I could have anything for Christmas, I would like a diamond ring for an all-important finger from Prince Charming. If you see him, will you let him know?

EmmaP said...

well - i've already done my wish list post. but what I would really love right now is a brand new car. one of those fancy crossovers. Something that will fit all the kids, good for carpool! but no payments!!!!!!!!!!!

Mariah said...

I'm with Ronda I would travel

My Fun Stalkers Who Rock